View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 10:37 AM   #9
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

He HAS to eat....give him whatever he will eat at this stage of the game....he is loosing weight and calories are necessary to help him heal, let alone needed for just surviving. I would try baby food...chicken is bland and most will lick that right off your finger....he may like beef or veal or lamb....you can always syringe that into his mouth if he wont take it willingly. You should be able to get a little syringe from the vet with an irrigation tip on it for this. RC puppy mousse is also hi calorie....it is a whipped formula and will easily be fed by syringe. There is also a RC formula that vets use for critically ill dogs that they syringe feed. You need to get calorie dense formulas into him now...I cant think of the name of it right now, but your vet may have that formula too. You can mix a little Pedialyte with the mousse, just a little to make a loose pudding consistancy.....I would be giving him NurtaCal at least 3-4 times a day for the calorie boost as well as the vitamins it contains....I like Dr Millers Pet Nutra Drops better, and dogs adore the stuff....and it is easier to give than NutraCal.....

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 12-29-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!