View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #7
Harrysmum
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Speaking as an owner/breeder of a large breed, I would never, and I mean NEVER allow my big dog to encompass my Yorkies head.

You do not allow a BIG DOG and a Small dog to *fight it out* Good grief! Your GF is very very incorrect in this.

My Yorkie sleeps in his crate at night in our bedroom. Only my senior male is allowed to sleep on the floor, our young female is also crated. Protect your Yorkie - crate him - or insist that the Labradoodle is crated.

You are going to have to work out some things with your GF. But in the meantime protect your Yorkie!! And no joint on the bedtime for these dogs.....

Go for walks - each dog is leashed. . That is the beginning of socialization. Your GF better learn how to control her labradoodle. I would suggest training classes for all of you.

I feel that I am coming across very strongly - but your Yorkies health and well-being depends upon you!

If there are ways I can help you, just post your question(s) I would be happy to answer.
Absolutely....

'Fight it out'?!!!? Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Okay, my daughter has a Labradoodle - and we have our Harry. We have never, ever had this issue - and neither would we.

Head in mouth? Even in play - that can never be allowed to happen. I don't think your girlfriend can know how quickly - like a split-second - situations like this can turn into disaster.

Totally agree with Gail - your 2 dogs need to be walked together, on leashes, totally controlled. In the meantime, PLEASE keep them separate, and good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!