View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 08:28 AM   #4
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy925 View Post
When we get my Yorkie and my girlfriend's Labradoodle together the fireworks begin. The Labradoodle lunges at the Yorkie and puts his mouth around his head, neck and other body parts. The Yorkie yaps, barks and often tries to climb up my leg into my arms. Keep in mind, no real biting ensues -- no blood is drawn and I'm not sure if they are playing or trying to establish an alpha position. They also do this at night -- in our bed.

A trainer told me neither dog should be the alpha. WE should be the alpha. I've tried to attach a leash to the Labradoodle and snap it when he goes for my Yorkie. This does help, but my girlfriend hates this method, takes off the leash and wants them to just "fight" it out.

Any thoughts on which method is better, or any new ideas? I hate watching Ruger's head in the mouth of my gf's Labradoodle and tend to approach it like a protective father.
Of course GF is OK with watching her labradoodle enclose little Rugers entire head in his mouth!..I am certain if it was the other way around, she wouldnt be so accommodating to her labradoodle and letting them "fight it out"!!! When you have "the winning team" on your side, fighting it out seems OK....but it could easily be disasterous for Ruger! EVEN if they are playing, this could easily end up with Ruger seriously injured or killed. You are doing great dad, protecting Ruger......you are his mouthpiece here, and are right to be concerned about how this "fight it out" event could end up!

Please, do not continue with GF's exercise in poor judgement! Keep these two separate until a qualified trainer comes here to guide you in a direction where Ruger will most assuredly survive the encounter!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!