View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 07:07 AM   #17
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Male or female? Big question. Do you know what sex you prefer? I mean discounting breed. I am particularly fond of males, I usually refer to myself as a male momma.

For Yorkies there won't be a size differential that might be of concern as you would have with large breeds - eg: males are generally larger and stronger.

I think personality is more key than the gender. What kind of personality or temperament do you want your adult dog to have? Confident, intrepid, active, an explorer, inquisitive, high energy pup, or more laid back, snuggle bunny, shyer, more aloof, quiet, not into strangers or strange places....

Now understand that no dog is totally one thing or the other, but just like humans do have stronger tendencies on the scale of behaviour.

What if anything do you want to do with your dog? Get involved in performance sports? Go hiking, travelling flying everywhere with your dog?

Some folks don't like the idea of a male dog hiking their leg to pee; for me that is just a natural thing male dogs do. Some worry about marking behaviour in the house.

Some folks want a female, because they want to *dress their dog up in clothes*

Male or female yorkies can be equally loving IMO. Male or females can be equally active and energetic. Temperament here is not sex biased.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!