View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #1
karen24
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default A Newbie Hello/wanting to adopt

Hello all! I am Karen in Michigan, I am looking to adopt my first Yorkie. I have to thank all of you already, as I have been reading thru posts and learning so much. I want to be a good Yorkie Mom and I guess that starts with learning the issues within the breed and finding a good reputable breeder. Starting from zero creates quite the learning curve, but I have been reading about Yorkies for quite awhile now. There is such a wealth of info on the internet and this website is wonderful. I don't think there is a Yorkie topic not covered here.

So I am at the stage of interviewing breeders and trying to find the one I feel like I can trust and who has that little bundle of joy I am looking for.

We are empty nesters and I am no longer working (former teacher). Our family is raised, I have nursed and walked my Mom to heaven's gate and now abit lonesome, I am hoping to find that little Yorkie that will be my buddy.

I have talked to a couple breeders so far. One was not so interested in me and trying to impress with her wealth of champions, kind of turned me off. I want someone who cares who adopts their pups. When I realized she was further away than I thought, she was, no problem, I can send a puppy to you a number of ways. I thought, no, no, I want to see where my puppy was born and started life. I want to meet the parents. Just a little too anxious to make the sale, for my taste. The second breeder sounded lovely, but just had one tiny pup that, while he sounded like a dream, I don't know if I am the best mom for him. He was sooo tiny, the runt of the litter and probably wouldn't get to 4# full grown. Perhaps he should be with someone experienced who knows more than I. I have more on my list whom I have emailed and so I have more to follow up on. HOWEVER, if there is anyone who can recommend a breeder in Michigan (L.P) or northern Ohio please let me know. My little buddy is out there somewhere I just need to find him/her.

I am looking forward to sharing my Yorkie parenting experience with all of you!
karen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!