Thread: eating
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #7
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Is there any way this puppy can go back to the breeder and mom for a few more weeks? I can't even imagine a yorkie ouppy being weaned at 5 weeks. My last two litters, my puppies didn't even become interested in eating anythjng until almost 5 weeks old and were not weaned completely until closer to 10 weeks.

Please stop giving your puppy karo syrup. There is no reason to give karo or nutrical unless you suspect your puppy has low blood sugar. By giving your puppy karo constantly, you are causing the blood sugar to spike and then crash, spike and then crash. This can also cause long term blood sugar issues if you aren't careful. It should only be given if you see signs of low blood sugar and then need to get some food in their system within 15 minutes afterward.

If you can't return the puppy, grind up puppy food and mix with water or a little puppy formula. Or mix a good quality puppy canned food with water. Syringe feed if necessary.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!