Thread: Duchess
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
Lucyana1129
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Duchess

Our cat went missing last Saturday. We have only seen her once since then. I'm trying not to lose hope here but it seems unlikely that she will ever return home. I love my dogs very much, but over the years I have realized that I'm a cat and ferret person. We have another cat and two ferrets along with our three dogs. Everyone gets attention and I adore them all. I used to say that Duchess (our missing baby) was my husbands cat, but with her absence comes the realization that I loved her very much. We didn't always see her around the hosue but I knew she was here. She would come out and meow when she wanted attention or was hungry. I found her when she was only 5 weeks old or so on a highway by a dumpster with her litter mates (who all found homes). So she was more aloof than our other male tabby probably because she was semi-feral when I found her. He demands your attention at all hours of the day and night. With her gone, he seems to be pretty upset. He cries at night. Something he would do when he couldn't find her in the house. They used to play at night and then sleep in bed with us together. I don't know why I'm here writing this. I have a Yorkie of course. He probably hasn't noticed her absence but has noticed my sadness as he and the other dogs have stayed very much underfoot since she went missing. They stay by my side and snuggle with me when they sense that I'm really down. I think I just needed someplace to vent. Even if no one replies or looks at this. We have a humane trap out and my husband and I take turns in the evenings sitting outside in case she comes out. I feel so guilty because the day she went missing we had left to do Christmas shopping. Any time I leave the house I always do a quick "headcount" to make sure everyone is in the house. I like to keep the cats out of our room while we aren't home because the ferrets are in there and they like to be mischievous together. So I always go around and find where they are catnapping to make sure I can close the door to our room. That day however, I did not. The ONE day that I didn't check, she had gotten out somehow. Had I have checked we could have started the search right away when she was probably still very close. I also feel guilty because I'm considering getting another cat. The entire situation has put into perspective how important they all are to me. To not have to tell her to leave our tree alone, play with her on her cat tower, see a tail behind a curtain, and to know she could be out there, scared and alone, breaks my heart. To think that she isn't out there anymore is worse. The not knowing is unexplainable. In memory of our little Duchess, love on your furbabies a little extra for us guys. Thanks for reading. And even if not, thanks for giving me a place to vent.
Lucyana1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!