View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #9
princesschloe1
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
I have a concern about the diet you're feeding. Is Olive Oil the only oil you are adding?

I think it all sounds fine to use couscous or macaroni (although I would not use whole wheat - I would use regular enriched durum semolina like Barilla's mini bow ties or shells or ditalini).

The chicken part -- is it dark meat or white meat chicken?

I'm not a huge fan of green beans. I use a veggie mix of carrots, zucchini, red or yellow bell peppers, and broccoli florets. Other times I use all of one kind of veggie or just two. As for celery, my dogs like celery but I dont use it in the "staple" diet. I might give them a piece now and then.

The petdiets recipes tend to be more simple with ingredients. The recipes now use chef's complete vitamins which is needed by one of my dogs. So I switched the younger dog to it so two are are on Balance It Canine "K" and the others use Chefs complete.
I'm probably going to keep her on BalanceIt because she's been doing well on it and I just recently bought the bottle so I have A LOT left in it. I might check out Chef's Complete once the BalanceIt finishes.

Okay, so for the first question about olive oil - I have been using Olive Oil + either Nordic Naturals or Coconut Oil. I alternate between the fish and coconut oils. Am I suppose to be adding something else?

For the chicken, I give her white meat breast. I like your veggie mix, do you ever add fruit like apples into the mix or do you keep that just for snacks?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!