View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #7
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njimko View Post
Hello All, just noticed forgot to post what the vet said. She did the eye treat drop test, which basically puts something in his eye, I think it's kinda like a small piece of paper and then tested it. I did not see her do it as she took my dog to a different area. Anyway, she said everything was fine and that his treat production was normal. I showed her pics of his eye discharge and she said it just looks like normal eye discharge and that some dogs make more than others.

So thankfully everything is good with him. I just have to clean him more than my previous dog but that is no issue at all. The important thing is that he is normal.
Yes, that is the Schirmer Tear Test where they put a little paper in the eye to measure tear production. This is very good that she did this because yorkies are prone (by genetics) to have Dry Eye and it is a condition that they can even go blind from if left untreated!

I would just clean the area daily with a soft face cloth and warm water. A small moustache type of comb is helpful around the eyes too because you can comb out the "gook." I use a 4.5" long comb that is stainless steel and made by Safari. I've used it for years and like it.

Good luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!