View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #15
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiesmom_2007 View Post
for a lateral xray wouldn't the ones less visible be on the side the bitch is laying on for the xrays
Yes.....basically done to determine if there are any "hidden" that may be missed from just one top view. The anterior abdominal shot is the one that gives me the most valuable information, actually seeing how far the babies are before entering the birth canal......
My vet just got a new xray system and what a digital deal this thing is! No more old timey xray films up on the box light! It is displayed on a large computer screen and the images are so sharp and clear, "high definition" and the program on the xray system will perform all kinds of measurements. We just enter what information we want to know and it calculates it and gives it to us!...I used to have to measure heads with calipers on the old xray films, and then measure pelvic ring....with her new digital system, the program will measure each puppy, wherever you click on that puppy image, and then measure the pelvic ring to determine if there is going to be a problem with the birth! Totally removes the question of "weonder if the head/puppy rotates a little, will it still pass"....it is all done digitally and is a beautiful tool for us! I am actually enthusiastic about "paying" for this new equipment she has brought into her practice! She told me she is asking Santa for a brand new, high tech ultra sound machine for Christmas!

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 12-18-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!