View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #54
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimby44 View Post
Hello, I am Kim Balas, the owner of Mistibleu Yorkies and the breeder that is being discussed in this thread. You can imagine my disappointment when I received news of this thread from a friend of mine. Before I address the specific issues from Kerryn915 I would like to give a little background on myself.
I have been breeding and showing Yorkshire Terriers according to AKC standards for over 15 years now. All my dogs are sold after receiving all of their shots/wormings including the rabies vaccine. They are also neutered/spayed before they leave for their forever home. I prefer to spay/neuter my dogs because it requires a vet with experience in neutering/spaying these small 2 to 3 pound dogs.
Although it was not required by NYS law at the time Kerryn915 adopted Frankie I provided her and as well as every new owner with a health certificate from my veterinarian. My veterinarian would not put his reputation in jeopardy by intentionally issuing a health certificate on a dog/puppy with health issues. The veterinarian spends time with each puppy/dog checking for any structural issues and making sure they don’t have worms, fleas, ear, eyes, nose, mouth or issues. I provide this health certificate and a rabies certificate as well as a shot record on each and every puppy/dog this is for the benefit of new owners and the pet they have adopted as it helps to prevent duplication of treatments.
All my dogs are registered with AKC. My dogs/puppies are raised with me in my home, underfoot. My Home is inspected every two years by AKC as is required. I also receive a copy for my records. In addition, I am required by AKC to keep full written records on my dogs and their litters. All of my records are carefully checked during the AKC inspection. If you were truly told by your veterinarian that your dog was two years old when it was actually only ten months old, perhaps you might want to consider looking for another veterinarian?
Regarding the other statements made by Kerryn915:
All of my puppies/dogs have a bath the same day they go to their new homes without exception. I am sure it was no different for Frankie before Kerryn915 took him home. This being said, I can not see how he could have been dirty. Kerryn915 must have also seen Frankie walking on the floor using all four of his legs without limping or showing any signs of pain. That said if Frankie did in fact have a broken leg when she picked him up he would have been in pain and limping. Why would you accept a dog that is obviously injured? Answer- you wouldn't, furthermore, I would not have been able to get a health certificate from my veterinarian if the puppy/dog had any of the health issues that Kerryn915 has stated in her posts. I would especially like to address the un-socialized issue of which she is accusing me. Let's take a step back and think; new puppy/dog, new home and right off the bat a broken leg... If you stop and think about it what Kerryn915 has described as un-socialized is a puppy/dog in pain and afraid.
I try to ensure as best as I can that my dogs will be cared for and that the new owners are responsible enough to take care of a very small dog, which in most cases, is going to weigh less than 7 pounds. Being small puts these dogs in a special-needs category. They cannot jump up on a couch or chair nor can they jump down from a couch or a chair, or a bed for that matter. They are not the best pet for very young children as they can be dropped or hurt unintentionally. Please try to put yourself in my shoes and imagine how I felt when I received the call from Kerryn915 stating that her Frankie's leg had been broken (and was there something I wasn't telling her?) within hours of Frankie being in her possession. I was upset for my puppy/dog and was angry with myself thinking I had made a mistake in selling the dog to Kerryn915. Yorkies do not break their legs just walking around. Something had to have happened in order to have caused Frankie's leg to break. Once a Yorkie leaves my home, I am no longer in charge of the puppy/dog. At the point that Kerryn915 took possession she became the new owner, and the responsible protector of this puppy/dog. Again, as I was not there I can’t say what series of events took place. I did receive one call from Kerryn915 (only one) regarding Frankie's leg. At that time she was very upset and understandably so. She asked for my advice regarding what she should do stating that money was a issue. At that time I said as a last resort casting was a possible option if she could not afford the surgery. As Frankie was in her care when the leg was broken, I anticipated hearing updates from her and I received none, nor do I recall receiving an x-ray of Frankie's leg. Again, I am not sure how this would change how this would change anything regarding Frankie as his leg was broken after she had taken possession of him. If his leg had been broken as a result of a pre-existing condition as she has suggested I was never provided with any evidence of this. My vet would not have issued a health certificate if he had identified any pre-existing conditions.
In regards Kerryn915 comment on Frankie eating stool, if you do a internet search on “reasons for dogs eating stool”, you will find that there are many suspected reasons for this behavior. I was horrified when I saw this for the first time so I went directly to the vet and he felt that I was feeding a food with too much protein in it and I needed to get a less protein food. I did this and it corrected itself to a degree, but keeping the poop picked up right away was a must and I had to make sure to do this. My dogs are all free fed and they always have food in their bowls.
I have noted that Kerryn915 has made quite a few contradictions in her statements, but it appears that her biggest complaint towards me is that she believes that I should be responsible for paying for Frankie's injury, an injury which occurred after he was in her possession.
As for my website not being up to date, I have recently moved and I had no new puppies to sell. I do not ever push my puppies/dogs out the door before they are ready, after all I helped deliver each of them and they are my responsibility when they are in my care and only I can decide when they are ready for a new home and where that new home and family will be.
If you take the time to read my site you will note that I have to know the home is right for the puppy/dog and it will be a forever home. It takes a lot of time, money and the expertise of a good vet in order for me to place a dog/puppy it is not a money making business, it is however a labor of love and a hobby with the responsibility of breeding the best Yorkshire Terrier that you can.
Do you know all the issues dogs can have from being spayed to early like before 6 moths. It's also no considered adopting when you are buying a puppy. Many many puppy mills and bad breeders can get a health certificate from a vet claiming the puppy is healthy even when it's not as long as the find a vet that is interested in money more than anything else. You say your puppies all end up under 7 pounds, what are the weights of your breeding females?
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!