View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #51
nonnasangels2
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnasangels2 View Post
I realize I am new to YT, but I remember my first purchase like it was yesterday, being younger, nieve in the puppy purchasing business, I wanted a little baby so bad, I never even thought of reading up, I just assumed puppy breeders were all good people. De Ta De on me. I purchased my baby boy before he was ready, from a person I even knew somewhat, they always seemed so nice and all. I was called when the puppy was 5 weeks old, told he was weened and that I should come pick him up. So I did, he was only 6" long. I knew he was too young to be leaving his momma, so I inquired as to why so young, and their reply was that he was already weened from his momma. I had to bottle feed him for a few more weeks until he could eat soft food on his own. I had a neighbor 2 blocks over from me who also bought a little girl from them. We were talking one day and she mentioned that she had asked how big her baby would get. She said that the lady we both knew, had told her to give her only one fourth of a jar of baby food a day, and when she started eating dry food only feed her very small portions twice a day.
So yes you can starve a puppy into staying smaller than normal. I have asked my Vet at that time and he said yes if a puppy is malnutritioned, as just like with human babies, then their size is definately Altered due to the lack of Vitamins and Minerals they need to develope healthy bone growth and brain, heart and organ development. I decided then that my puppy would have a bowl of food at all times. He would be the size he was meant to be, because I could not fathom starving him to death. He did only get to be 5 pounds, but he was the healthiest little 5 pounder. He lived to be 17 before going to Puppy Heaven 8 years ago.
And as for eating Poop it is most often because they are lacking in some vitamin and nutrients they need. Not always, but most often. Make sure your vet keeps up on your puppies bloodwork just like your doctor does yours with Health Checks twice a year.
I do apologize to afeelinfit for my outspokeness yesterday, one should never put their foot where their mouth is without knowing the facts first and I am sorry for my remark.
nonnasangels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!