Thread: Allergies
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
kiddiekakes
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 019 Allergies

My Yorkie/Chi has environmental allergies..I have taken him to the vet twice in 9 months because he is constantly scratching his face and body.The first time he had an ear infection...and was given 14 days of antibiotics and ointment..It went away...He started scratching again about 3 weeks ago so I took him back to the vet 2 weeks ago...The vet determined he has Environmental allergies which he admitted they are very difficult to treat and find out exactly what is causing the allergy unless I do extensive allergy testing which is expensive and still might not be able to pin point the exact issue anyway...So each time he also gave him an allergy shot which helped for the two weeks after but then back to the same scratching...My question is this....

Is there not a daily allergy pill I can give him like Benedryl (like humans take) or something to help with the itching..I'm sure there is ..I just think the vet wants me to do all this testing and spend the money..(because of course he makes money on it)..I just want him to prescribe a dam pill to give my pooch to aliviate the scratching and itching...

Do any of you pet owners have pets that take allergy medication..If so what is it...does it help...

Thanks...just want to help my guy....LOL
kiddiekakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!