View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 09:22 PM   #13
mishasmom
Senior Yorkie Talker

You know your children better than anyone so I am sure that you know whether they will be able to be around a yorkie, and teaching children how to treat them from a young age is important. I didn't think that my baby would ever have to be around children, but the older couple that lives below me has now taken in there grandchildren and every time I have to take Gabby out they want to play with and hold her and stuff. It scares me to death and I stopped taking her out for awhile, but that just wasn't fair to her because she loves it outside. It would be much easier if these were my kids that I could tell and show what to do, it is so hard to make other kids listen. So I guess that my point is you can plan and plan and plan but sometimes the unexpected happens anyway. Does anyone have any ideas about how to handle my little problem with the neighbor kids? Anyway, Gabby is much sturdier than I would have expected a yorkie to be she has a square little robust body even though at 14 weeks she only weighs 2.3 lbs, but her feet and legs are just so tiny that I do worry about her around kids dogs and bigger careless people. I know how it feels to want a yorkie come h*** or highwater. So, just look for one that is bigger and sturdy if you really want one right now, or wait if you can. But in the end you have to make the decision that is best for you. Good luck and keep us posted.
mishasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!