View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 05:49 AM   #12
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryn915 View Post
It has been bothering me lately and I have been a little torn bc on one hand I love my little boy so much and I wouldn't have him if it weren't for Kim balas, but on the other hand I do feel as though she is not breeding for quality. Her website "mistibleu yorkie", looks good and I spent a lot of time reading the reviews and actually spoke to Kim a few times before paying a deposit and making the 6 hr trip to pick up my boy. I see now that her website is outdated and maybe back in 2008 she did breed quality dogs. But my Frankie was severely malnourished and actually was eating his own poop!! Something that he doesn't do now. Poor boy would shake and scoff his food down like it was his last meal! I feel as though she purposely underfeeds her dogs to keep them at a small weight so she can optimize her profit. He had a bad ear infection also and he broke his leg (which I still believe was due to the malnutrition and possibly a previous injury). Another red flag was when I calledd her to ask about any previous injury to his leg as the break happened a day after I picked him up, she told me that the vet will insist on surgery but to just go with the cheaper option of casting! Which BTW was not even an option as both bones in his forearm were broken and he needed an orthopedic surgeon to place pins and luckily after 12 weeks he is walking perfectly again. The only other option would have been amputation which I was not prepared to do to a 10 month old puppy! So after I paid a hefty price and drive for hrs I had to pay another $2600 plus the 12 weeks of cast changes and X-rays! I guess I'm putting this out there as a warning for anyone else who may come across Kim balas. If you look at her website I also wonder now why all her puppies are over a year old. My boy was very scared and very unsocialized. Which also shows that her dogs are not socialized and probably living in a back room alone with one food bowl to feed who knows how many dogs! And she never ever followed up to see how his surgery went and if he was recovering from his broken leg! What kind of reputable breeder wouldn't check up on an injured baby? Ok rant over!! Plz beware of Kim balas and mistibleu yorkies! Her website is ryorkies.com
So sorry you had to go through this so soon after getting your lil boy. That poor baby, a rescue for sure. I have family up your way looking to get a yorkie, I am calling them later to tell them to stay away from this "so called breeder" Happy to hear little boy is on the way to recovery.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!