View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #1
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Default Determination of Gender by Placement in Uterus

This is information that will be important to breeders.
I had wondered for years how to determine, if there even was a way it could be done, the sex of the puppies my ladies were carrying. This information would certainly assist me with waiting lists for specific litters. So, after MUCH research and reading and study, and keeping track of my own litters and the sex of the puppies born in each litter, it has been MY concuring experience, that puppies carried in the right horn are most often males, and in the left horn are most often females. When I say "most often", that means probably close to 85% of the time (or more!), this holds true! Of course, there is ALWAYS exceptions to the rule, that will keep you from say this is a failproof way of always determining the sex of the puppies your momma is carrying!

I would LOVE to challenge all serious breeders, where it can really benefit you knowing the sex of the babies you may end up with, to do your OWN research with your own litters, and see how often your results with your own litters, fall in line with the academia! This last litter of mine was, once again, spot on.....on xray, we had 3 in the right horn and 2 in the left horn. As expected, we have 2 females and 3 males! After doing this with all my litters over the last 5 years, the results are accurate enough for me to share what I experienced. This may be old news for many of you, but I had never read any information from breeders regarding "sexing" their litters prior to birth.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!