View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 12:45 AM   #1
Mee-sha
YT Addict

Cry young with collapsed trachea, any ideas

Anyone else have a yorkie diagnosed very young with collapsed trachea?,

i've been reading up on here some stories and they are terrifying me. Meeshas only 3, she snorted like a pig on walks when she was a baby and this summer she started having breathing issues,she had xrays and she was diagnosed. i can no longer take her for walks, play too hard with her,im watching her diet, etc .Its breaking my heart because her yorkie brother milo, he gets to go for walks and she gets so jeallous of all the stuff he can do and she can't. My vet didn't make it seem like a big deal.. i thought she'd live a long life, but reading stories here alot of yorkies didn't get thier full life because of it and now the thought has me horrified!
she's back on steriods, she did a dose this summer, vet mentioned next we'd try something she'll order from ontario, she's reccomending she get a stent at the vet college in p.e.i .....with all my research.. this seems too risky and im probably better off managing it? i'd come up with the money if this surgery wasn;t so iffy, i'd pay anything in the world to make her better.

the vet also just switched her to rc vet satiety support diet food? is this a good foood for ct dogs?
theres so many different opinions its hard to know whats right.. reading the forums on ct here made me realize i better learn dog cpr. is anyone else going through this with a young dog, meeshas so young its scary, i didnt think this happened in young dogs. i've had her in a harness then buddy belt her whole life, her collapsed trachea looks like its in her chest from the xray, is the buddy belt bad for this?

also any ideas when i bath her.. she gets very out of breath , i have to stop so many times pick her up and stick her head by the window for air
she also seems to be a watch dog, she barks at the school bus and people outside etc, i took away all her window access but she still gose insane when she hears it, any ideas how to calm her down from these episodes, shes always so anxious. milo her brother is so calm and never even barks.

anyways i hope theres someone out these who had a young ct yorkie who can give me ideas how to give meesha the longest life possible...ill do anything to keep her alive as long as i can. she's not jsut a dog to me, shes my kid.Her brother yorkie milo idolizes her, hed be a mess too if anything ever happened to her, he barks and stands over her when she's having heavy breathing to tell me and is so worried. it breaks my heart.
Mee-sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!