View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #43
MarkFromSea
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester View Post
And he eats really good. I do have to give him a few from my hand and then he finishes the rest in the bowl. The only i don't like about Fromm Puppy Gold is its little high on carbohydrates of am I wrong? What is a good protein and carbohydrate percentage for our puppies?
This is where I and most other dog owners rely on the company to get their formula and ingredients right. From what I recall, Fromm uses testing and calculations, two separate methods, to ensure their product is good for our dogs' health. Similar to other companies in that way.

Your percentages, it's really subjective in that different people have different opinions. I think, all agree it's the quality or absorbability of the nutrients that matters just as much or greater than the percentages. Look for that AAFCO approval somewhere in small print on the bag. I just looked for and found it on my Wellness bags, it was really small print on the back of the bag though. LOL

You could compare those percentages with other high quality brands of puppy food.......

I currently don't use Fromm but I enjoyed calling them, their nutritionist, and asking them questions. I highly encourage you to give them a call. I only recall positive things about Fromm except for some dogs didn't care for it or some of their formulas may be too "rich"(for lack of a better term) for some special needs dogs such as our old guy.

There's some easy to read info here: Best Puppy Foods
MarkFromSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!