Thread: Fess Parker
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Default Fess Parker

I wanted to share a little something my brother shared with me today. He just went through his annual certification on the equipment he flies, at Simu-Flight in Dallas. He told me the instructor he had this last day, used to be the private pilot for Fess Parker.....DAVY CROCKETT!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! MY HERO!!!
I even wanted to name my little brother "Davy Crockett" when he was born and was devastated that my mother was not as sold on the idea as I was! In any event, I am telling all this just to say, this pilot that knew him for many years and worked closely with him for many years, said Fess Parker was genuinely one of the nicest, kindest, sweetest, most generous men he had ever encountered. He never said anything bad about anyone, and was always quick to praise and offer help or guidance or share information with anyone he encountered. I want the world to know that of this man!!

It is such a wonderful gift to learn that someone I have so admired all these years, someone that millions of people my age and from my generation, loved and admired, was in real life such an honorable man with a wonderful kind heart and unlimited integrity. That is probably one of the best "gifts" I have ever received from a "stranger", about a larger than life hero of mine, unashamedly blurring the lines between Davy and Fess, but both men burned into my memory and heart as true, larger than life, heros! Now, THIS man is a TRUE role model!!! Thank you, Mr. Pilot, for the gift you have given me!!

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 12-12-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!