View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
obrien4j
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Baby Bully Yorkie!

Hello,
I am desperate!! I have 16 month old female Yorkie who has basically behaved well all this time although she's a little wild even for a puppy. She lives with a 6 yr. old Lab mix male, a 4 yr.old female something- who is her "wild mate" and a 2 yr.old female poodle who basically does nothing all day and bothers no one. The house situation has not changed- we've all lived "happily" ever after.
Suddenly,this adorable Yorkie went vicious on the poodle- growls something fierce at her-scares her so much that the poodle won't come out of her kennel in the morning. Of course, this is upsetting to everyone- adults get upset, the 4yr. old playmate goes wild and joins in on the bullying- not a great way to wake up.
After a bit, everyone settles down and begins to eat- big dogs steal little dogs food, but things are better.
In the afternoon, the Yorkie chases the poodle again but it's not so vicious. If anyone shows attention to the poodle- the Yorkie growls and mounts her. This doesn't look like innocent play to me, especially in the morning.
The only thing that changed is that the poodle broke her leg and required surgery and intense watching over- but that was during the summer. Is the Yorkie resentful of this or what is wrong? Most importantly, how do I fix it???
obrien4j is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!