View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #14
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

P. S. For what it's worth, dogs give hard stares frequently during their day's activities to threaten or warn other dogs from getting too near them or their resources and most dogs receive it as intended and back off. It's like someone saying to you, "Back off, leave me alone". You do. We all do - unless we have a bad problem brewing with that person telling us that. Then the slightest thing might set us off, cause us to over-react.

Usually, only an overstimulated, highly-excited, easily triggered or dominant/aggressive dog will attack on a warning stare alone. But that's what your Moka likely sees as his instinctive role right now - to over and over render the weaker dog to that of a servile role. Right now, to me, it's the dog that follows through to actually approach the space of and attack another dog after a warn-off that needs the most help, relief and work, not the one sending the warning. However, stepping in when you see early triggers/body language is imperative.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!