View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 08:44 AM   #1
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default OMG He hiked his leg

My adopted perfect lil boy Cody was neutered at an early age by his previous owner. I have him almost 13 months. He NEVER hiked his leg to pee, he kinda takes a stance and pees. Over the week end I took him in the car to an area we have been to several times. There is stockade fencing surrounding the area, when he has been there he always smelled that fence, this week end he hiked his leg and peed on the fence. I was flabbergasted, shocked, OMG he knows how to hike his leg. I have to assume a dog had recently peed on that part of the fence, I have to assume the pee smell was fairly fresh that he hiked his leg. I was fearful when he got home he would be leg hiking. Thankfully there’s been none, he does the stance. I will now be keeping away from all fences. I guess there is a question here, which would be, now that he has hiked his leg, if he gets near a tree or anything a male dog had peed on will he hike his leg, rather, will he hike his leg only if the pee is fresh or fairly fresh? My concern now is, he’s done it once, if he continues to do this on walks will he get into the habit of doing this on his own turf? There has NEVER been a male dog in my yard let alone in my house, so no makings where we live. What are the chances.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!