View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
BabieChloe
Inactive Account

Default Do you think the Honest Kitchen Beams did this?

Chloe has been eating the same food with no changes up until last week when I started giving her Honest Kitchen Beams. Last night, after about 30 minutes when she was chewing on the Beam she started throwing up. At first it was her food that she threw up and then it became pink foam. I called up a Vet emergency hospital and they told me that it is not a cause for concern if there is pink inside of the throw up because it is normal when a dog has irritation to their throat. They told me to give her 1/4 tablet of pepcic ac which I did, and the throwing up stopped. After this, she went to bed and slept for the rest of the night.

She has been drinking water and I have given her Pedialyte to make sure she's not dehydrated. When she woke up, she had diarrhea but she only pooped twice. Other than that, she is sleeping now and there's no throw up anymore. If her diarrhea doesn't improve, I will definitely take her to the vet. I gave her a very tiny amount of pepto, .3ml. She's 3 pounds so this is under dosage for her, I'm just scared to give a full dose. It's also been over 12 hours so the pepcic ac isn't in her system anymore.

Do you think the HK Beams did this? I'm just so confused right now because nothing changed in her diet, I only added a broccoli to her food but she had broccoli before so I don't even think this could be it. The Beams smell normal like fish, but there are some pieces that look weird.. do you think there could be bacteria or mold on it? I have contacted HK because I definitely don't think I'll be giving these anymore, even if it wasn't the cause. I'm confused about how this all even happened.

Last edited by BabieChloe; 12-08-2014 at 10:46 AM.
BabieChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!