View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 09:17 PM   #15
Snow Yorkies
Biewer Passionate
Donating Member

Thank you everyone for your help and sharing your personal experiences with me. What really sparked my interest in this as I do have both the Yorkshires and Biewers. I do try to research as much as possible. It was today when I was reading something on LS that I hadn't realized that the stats show the Yorkshires are 36 times greater chance of acquiring liver shunt than any other purebreed combined. I felt these numbers are quite alarming.. I know of the health issues but I never realized the numbers were this high I had missed this in my time of researching... Then I was curious how it could be justified to continue such breedings. As I am questioned why I ask these questions. I thought this is were we come to learn?

Does this concern me in the Biewer breed? You bet it does. This breed is so intertwined due to the fact it is such a young breed that I think at one point in everyone's pedigrees we have a common ancestors. So if there is a LS in this breed it is a problem that should concern all of us...At least this is what I would think?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!