View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #3
yorkiemom76
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by benali519 View Post
Hello. I have a 5 yr old yorkie who has a collapsed trachea. He spent 5 days in the ICU in July and hasn't been groomed since because I've been too scared to take him to the groomers. I've tried trimming him myself but it hasn't gone well.

Does anyone know if its OK to take him to the groomers if I explain to them about the situation? Is it safe?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sorry to hear this. My 9 year old Yorkie has CT also. I would talk to your groomer and ask them how he does for grooming. I'm a groomer and most dogs are really calm for grooming as long as it's something they're used to. It's usually the dropping off and picking up when they're most excited. Talk to your groomer ahead of time and just hand him off when you get there, no fussing over him when you leave him or when you pick him up. The calmer you are, the calmer he'll be. You could also ask your groomer about just doing the basics. Maybe you can bathe him at home and if you know how, trim his nails and just leave the haircut to your groomer. Just know the haircut may not look as good as it normally does but may be safer for him.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!