View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 03:28 PM   #9
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Ouch, momma! You don't want to maybe cause her some extra trouble eating or extra pain. Unless it's very soft kibble, I'd save her hitting that very tender, sore spot with a piece or two of sharp, crunchy kibble pieces by soaking it in water until it's very soft for the next few days until that raw hole is healed up, looks like normal gum tissue again. No use asking for extra pain in case she gets a piece of that chewed up kibble in the raw hole.

Bless her little heart - she's just a little doll! You are very blessed to have that little cutie pie. She's a winner! If she were mine, with her track record of mishaps, I would watch her every moment I didn't have her in the crate as she could get into electrical cords or no telling what next time. Yes, I know it's hard to do but I'd just crate her for a short while if I needed to get things done but when she's out of that crate, I'd always have eyes on her and be within 6 feet of her. Before long, she'll be grown up enough not to chew everything she sees and get into everything and everyone can relax again.

I know you know this but for new Yorkie owners reading this:

Always watch them extra close when outside - they can get into a world of hurt if left out alone without you watching them. Plus, Yorkies, even grown ones, are so tiny, they can literally squeeze out of the fence between the gate post and the fence post(my Tibbe's done this!), go under it, etc., or worse still, someone could jump your fence or come through your unlocked gate and steal her! When I had only had Tibbe a few months, a car full of adults drove slowly down the alley, slowed to all look out the car windows at Tibbe playing in the back yard, didn't see me sitting by the den window watching his every move, and drove on. But within 90 seconds or so, the car had returned, stopped by my back gate, two adults got out of the back seat and were going for the latch to my boat gate, most likely to enter my yard, when I burst through the back door screaming at them at the top of my lungs!!! They didn't say a word - apologize, stop to explain they were just admiring him, etc., just turned, ran for the car, dove into the back seat and the driver sped away down the alley! I'm convinced they were going to open that gate(now all gates are padlocked), come in and walk out with a free Yorkie! I reported them and gave a description of the people and the car to the police in case they were casing our neighborhood for dogs to steal! It was the middle of December and they could have been looking for a quick way to make Christmas money.

Hope that pretty baby feels better very quickly!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!