View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #6
FairAngel06
Yorkie Talker

So I talked to the ER vet and they said to monitor her for any additional signs of discomfort. As a test to see how painful she might be, I set some kibble in her bowl and placed her next to it. She's happily munching away almost as usually (she is chewing a little more cautiously, but the fact that she's eating seems to indicate the pain isn't severe. No crying since the incident as well).

The ER vet said that the best I would be able to do short of taking her in was aspirin, but that I could hold off and see how is doing before resorting to meds. It looks like her nap helped stop the bleeding a lot. I think she's still a bit shaken up about the whole experience, but pain does not seem to be an issue. She is more hesitant to chew on things (even her toys), but based on her behavior it seems like that's just a result of the scare she gave herself.

She just put her self back in her crate after cleaning her bowl of the 15 or so kibbles. Gums still look good, so I'm going to monitor in case it looks like we need to get to the ER, but for now she seems okay.

She is 12 weeks old. I've heard that 3-4 months is acceptable for a spay, but I think our vet said that around 4 months or older is what she would recommend.

Usually my mom is home to babysit 'the kids' while I'm at work, but alas, today that was not the case... If it looks like she's learned her lesson about chewing on her crate, I might just keep her either in the crate or on a harness till her teething phase is over. At least while I'm working anyhow...

Thanks for the support through this. The fact that YorkieTalk is a place where I know I can come for your advice and thoughts is a huge comfort!

Join today and remove this ad!