View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #5
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Ice can be very painful to exposed nerves so I don't know if I'd try ice unless a vet recommended it after seeing whether all the tooth/nerve is gone. She's probably just a month shy of beginning to lose her puppy teeth so this might not be all that painful - I don't know. I do know the roots of puppy teeth are not long or firmly rooted far into the jaw bone since they will be replaced after so short a time so loosing one traumatically might only be painful to the gum tissues surrounding the tooth. If you think she's hurting, getting her to an ER vet to check her out and give any needed pain meds, antibiotics would be worth saving her any pain and you the angst.

Some wilder, more hyper dogs just require more monitoring as puppies. She sounds like one puppy you must be continually watching until she's older, calmer from now on anytime she's out of her crate if she's already broken a toenail and pulled one of her own teeth!!! Poor baby!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!