View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
FairAngel06
Yorkie Talker

Cry Puppy has a broken Canine tooth. Seeing the vet first thing tomorrow but....

So I adopted a puppy in addition to the Yorkie I already have. It's been awhile since I've had a puppy and in the last few weeks I've realized how much they can get into trouble. My older one was generally more calm, when she was little, at least when it came to chewing on things she shouldn't.

Well little Emma loves to chew on EVERYTHING. For a 12 week old puppy its to be expected I suppose with the teething and all. From my hair to her crate, it's a little insane sometimes I must admit.

Well, after playtime this morning with our Cocker Spaniel, I crated her. The idea was she had run to her little hearts content and since it was break time, I needed to get some work done. Well not ten minutes later I hear the most terrifying crying noise I've ever heard from her. She got her mouth stuck around one of the metal pieces of the door and couldn't dislodge it herself. I tried opening the side door to calm her down till I could help her get it unstuck, but by then she yanked as hard as she could and pulled the tooth out.

I'm guessing she must be in pain because she's pretty depressed (for the spunky dog that she normally is). I've called the Vet's office, even though they are closed and left a message to have them schedule me as soon as possible (which would be Monday morning at 7 or 8. This happened around noon on a Sunday). In the meantime, in the hour since this has happened, I've noticed the bleeding has started to subside since she calmed down. Should I try to disinfect the gums with saltwater till I can see the vet tomorrow? Should I try applying some ice to the would to ease the pain? I think the vet will probably address this tomorrow, but I was hoping to find something here to hold her over till tomorrow morning. She's also only eaten breakfast so far, which was at least 4 or 5 hours ago. How should I go about feeding her?

I've kept the tooth in a little bag in case the vet wants to see it.

Join today and remove this ad!