View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 07:38 PM   #8
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowGirlLola View Post
I'm looking for something for in between baths, she's ok for a bit after a bath then dries out. I don't like to bathe her too often in the winter because the blow dryer freaks her out, she doesn't like loud noises, she even runs if you sneeze.

This is the conditioner I've been using, in the bath and mixed with water for a spray
Ion Extreme Moisture Creme

Sachi has beautiful hair, but I don't like Pantene, it's full of silicone and will dry the hair out long term. My hair is much better since quitting silicones.
I checked the Pantene mask and it does contain the water insoluble type cones. Strangely, my hair, which is like Yorkie hair, is great with the Pantene regular conditioners. I tried the Pantene regular conditioner once on Max and Teddy and it did not work well on them.

I put coconut oil on Max today because he needs a bath tomorrow. I'll see if it helps at all.

Teddy's hair felt less like straw after a brief walk. I wonder if fresh, cool air can have that affect? We have been cooped up in the heated house because I was sick the last few days.

The Ion Moisture Creme has alcohol as its second ingredient. That might be something to be concerned about in terms of drying. The third ingredient, glycerin, has mixed reputation for winter use:

Why is Glycerin Bad for you in the Winter? - CurlTalk

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!