Thread: Dasuquin
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 10:01 AM   #10
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniko View Post
I am hoping for some help before we go to the vet to purchase more Dasuquin for Sophie.

Sophie has had knee problems forever and last year she had both luxating patellas fixed and then she ruptured her CCL this summer and had that surgery as well. She has been taking Dasuquin since her first surgery in September 2014.

We have been getting the Dasuquin sprinkle capsules for cats (as given to us by our vet) but the more I have researched and read about it the more I wonder if she would be better off with the small dog soft chews. The vet gave us the cat ones because of her size and said they were better for her because she is under 10lbs but I was looking today and it seems some people give their little ones half a chew a day instead of a whole.

I want her to have whatever she needs but I am kind of wanting to do the ones meant for dogs because they have higher amounts of the beneficial ingredients and would last twice as long - and being on a budget after those surgeries, I will admit that saving a little bit of money would be nice. Sophie does have early arthritis already so we will buy her whatever is necessary but I don't want to be spending money on something that isn't strong enough or we are purchasing ever 84 days if there is a better option for her well being and our wallets!

Has anyone here with used the soft chews and just given half or is it normal to have 5lbs and under get the ones for cats? She ranges from 4.3-4.7lbs depending on the time of year so I don't know if half would be okay for her or if we should stick with the cats ones.

I am not sure if you checked out this on line site:https://thepetpharmacy.ca/cart/checkout but they do have the soft chews - 150 tablets was $61 + HST. I could not get an estimate on shipping costs.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!