View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 09:59 AM   #6
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Ugghh....one step forward, two steps back

Every since I've rescued a stray kitten, Dutch has decided that she wants to potty wherever she wants to. So we have gone back to basics, tether to me or leash to a chair when I am on the couch watching tv. She has very little roaming freedom. She sleeps in her expen and night. I take her to potty pad with her favorite treat every few hours or so. She does potty on her potty pad so we have that part down.

She is even doing a great job of going to her potty pad on her own....perfect. She had gone two days without any accidents and then yesterday she 3 in a row.....urggggh. I figured since she had already potty, I would give her a little more freedom time.

Now what I have notice is that she seems to only have these accidents when the kitty is not in her room and is roaming around the house. For her own protection, I've been keeping her in the guest room when I am out of the house (she gets into everything). As soon as I let the kitty out, Dutch (had 3 accidents).

I have found the kitty a home and she will be leaving on Sunday. I am keeping my fingers crossed that is was the kitty that was causing her to potty anywhere she likes (territorial marking maybe???). The kitty is litter box trained and and I have not seen her pottying anywhere other than the litter box.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!