View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #8
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiLuv View Post
I realize the risk I take by not getting her the rabies vaccine but have weighed that against probable death and the titer won out. She is still able to be a therapy dog with just a titer and that's enough for me. I'll probably suck it up and do it myself this time since it's also the holidays and most places are probably booked but I might look into mobile grooming for the future.

You appear to have two choices: Give a vaccine that you KNOW your pup can not tolerate and could EASILY kill her the next time she gets it........or......groom your baby yourself. No brainer!! You have made the right choice! Waivers ARE also an option....your vet can substantiate that need....if your groomer or boarder refuses to take a valid titer result, and/or a waiver, change groomers/boarder facility, as there are up to date, current, knowledgable businesses that DO appreciate the accuracy of titers. Oh, by the way....you know all these vaccines are NOT 100% preventative.....a pet that has received a rabies shot can still get rabies.....chances are not overwhelming, but it exists. Get a mobile groomer or do it yourself!!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!