View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 08:24 PM   #4
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiLuv View Post
Ok. I worked with animals, I understand the rabies vaccine is important and you need it to board your dog or groom your dog. My issue is that the rabies titer should be the same thing right? I mean it shows she has immunities and she clearly does not have rabies so what's the problem?! I have been working a lot and I'm fostering a dog and Molli has a cotton coat and I just didn't feel like grooming her myself this one time but she has a rabies titer and not proof of vaccination. So now I can't have her groomed anywhere? What's the point of the titer then? I am sorry but Molli almost died from the rabies vaccine, I will not be giving her it again but this whole rabies paranoia seems way blown up. Has any one else had these issues? Will I ever be able to take her any where?
Rabies shot is the law and titers are not accepted anywhere when it comes to rabies shot. As far as law goes you would have to have an exemption from the state/vet otherwise you would be breaking the law. The exemption would probably work with a groomer. Yes it is a big deal because if a dog with no up to date rabies shot bites a human it means several painful shots in the stomach. It could also mean your dog is taken away from you and either put to sleet or kept in quarantine for months.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!