View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 06:00 PM   #12
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

I have a big mouth when it comes to Pet Stores and Puppy Mills ....but we all have to start somewhere and learn as we go. It's too bad you found out so many bad things ....but the main thing is she's healthy and now with you in a nice home.... She sounds really great.

But to help other dogs....you CAN tell people about how most Pet Stores get their dogs. IF the conditions are so terrible that you read about... maybe you could check into this further?

I'm also against Pet Stores...most people like you learn about them AFTER they purchased a puppy....and many are not so lucky like you are to have a healthy puppy

The good Pet Stores are few and far between and many will mislead people and say they use "breeders". Well...usually that word is accurate... but it's the puppy Mill Female that is the "Breeder" in most cases...not a nice friendly dog lover around the corner selling puppies.

Don't beat yourself up about it. just enjoy your puppy and you were right - she's in a better place with you and I'm sure you're a great mom.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!