View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #12
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Are you talking about Safari that sells puppies and birds? I am familiar with it but have never heard any rave reviews. The only cardiologist anyone around here refers to is at Bay Area Vets. The one at GCVS has left. The only other place is A&M;

Not saying he is not good...I just don't know and have not been referred to him and I live close by. Maybe, as you said, he is not there a lot
That is the place....it has been years since I have been there....when he left to travel all over the world lecturing and doing seminars, I stopped going there. They have a State of the Art operating facility, with an Intensive Care unit....each pet has a nurse that sits with that pet as it wakes from surgery.....pets are monitored closely with vital signs every 15 minutes until the animal is fully awake and standing post op. They have a vet on staff that specializes in birds, one that specializes in reptiles, and one that specializes in exotic pets.

They do have a boutique, grooming service, and boarding facility at the other end of the facility, separate from the hospital....and they do sell rescues I think. Like I said, I was very impressed with Dr Garner and his surgery facility and ICU post op care for all the patients....and then, there was his own professional achievements that I approved of! And he certainly did prove himself and his expertise with his successful treatment of Aija!
Below is his Bio:
"Dr. Garner owned and operated Safari Animal Care Centers near Houston, Texas, which he founded in 1984 with a vision to develop a model for veterinary practice in which a private practice veterinarian could practice the level of medicine taught in veterinary school. In the passing years Dr. Garner’s vision has grown into a State of the art Facility owned by Mooney Animal Hospital, LLC. The company is now located at 2402 Marina Bay Dr, League City TX.

Today, Dr. Garner is among the leaders in the veterinary industry, gaining notoriety as having developed and cultivated just such a hospital operating model; one that leverages the veterinary healthcare team to new heights. To share this operating model with the veterinary community, Dr. Garner, developed Transformation for Success ™seminars and consulting, which have enabled over 2500 seminar attendees to experience his vision of the future of veterinary medicine. Dr. Garner and his team have consulted with over 500 practices to implement the Safari business process systems.

In 1999, these Safari business processes became the basis for a cutting edge software, VetPlan ™ developed by Dr. Garner. Safari Knowledge Systems combines this novel and unique software system (VetPlan) with the Safari business process changes. Together, they add value to the veterinary practice through introducing a systematic approach to increasing veterinary staff communications about recommended medical procedures and treatments. They also increase veterinary staff engagement with customers thereby improving compliance within a clinic’s client base, increasing a clinic’s capacity to service customers, and improving the customer experience within a veterinary practice.

The VetPlan knowledge management software system is currently installed in over 300 veterinary practices worldwide. Dr. Garner has formed strategic relationships with Merial and Nestlé Purina to bring VetPlan to the US veterinary community, and with Bayer in Australia. In addition, Dr. Garner has developed an alliance with Intervet, Ltd. to market the Safari Knowledge Systems (VetPlan) in the UK, and he has just installed 14 practices in Japan with great success.

Dr. Garner is in demand worldwide as a speaker, teacher and consultant. He has been invited to speak in Australia, Norway, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Spain, Canada, Italy, Sweden and Poland. He has presented at the Pan Pacific Congress and the Japanese Executive Club. In the US he has spoken at the Western Veterinary Conference, the Central Veterinary Conference, the North American Veterinary Conference, the AAHA Annual Meeting, various state Veterinary Medical Association meetings and many veterinary schools.

Dr Garner was Chairman of the Practice Management section of the Western Veterinary Conference in 2003, 2004 and 2006. The Western Veterinary Conference is the largest veterinary conference in the world.

In 1999, Dr. Garner was the first person in the veterinary industry to make an international live Videoconference presentation – to the Hungarian Veterinary Congress. Dr. Garner has published articles in Cat Fancy, Dog Fancy, Veterinary Economics, DVM News, and Japanese Info Vet. He has appeared frequently on the national radio program, Top Vets Talk Pets.

In addition to his speaking engagements, Dr. Garner has been recognized as a member of the AAHA Standards Enhancement Task Force. He led the workgroup set up to understand the client’s impression of competency, creating a list of standards that addressed these impressions. This workgroup addressed the Standards of: Customer Service, Communications, Personal Appearance, Training, and Leadership for the veterinary profession.

In 2005, Dr. Garner served on Eli Lilly’s advisory board. Because of his recognition and standing in the industry, Dr. Garner works closely with the Executive Teams of such corporations as Merial, Heska, Hills, Purina, Eli Lilly, Bayer, Antech, and Intervet and has been a guest speaker at Merial’s Heska’s and Intervet’s National Sales Meetings.

Dr. Garner has developed and introduced many technologically advanced proprietary software and management systems to the veterinary industry, including the Patient Advisor ™ which is sold by IDEXX Laboratories.

Dr. Garner has dedicated himself to enabling transformative change in the practice of veterinary medicine. His vision is to create a veterinary profession in which “All veterinarians want their children to be veterinarians.” Dr. Garner currently leads a group of Safari Knowledge Systems Ambassadors – leading practitioners and industry influencers – whose mission is to actively promote the Safari Knowledge Systems business model to the veterinary profession globally.

Dr. Garner attended undergraduate studies at the University of Arkansas from 1976 to 1979. From there he went to Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine and graduated in 1983. He received Diplomate Status from the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners Companion Animal Specialty in 1992 and re-certified in 2002. There are only a small number of veterinarians who have received this distinguished AVMA certification."

He aint tooooo shabby! I wish they would have included his work in cardiovascular surgery....I think he was the first vet to implant a pacemaker in a dog....had a huge media coverage for that...

I have to add that another reason I left that practice was because I could not get any of the vets to take call for me...as a breeder, that is vital. My current vet is on call for me if I need her, 24/7. She is going on a cruise for a week and returning on the 14th of November....I have a female that is due to deliver 14th-19th....and she assured me she would be available during the night when she returns to Houston, if I need her.....class act!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!