View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 06:55 AM   #5
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael1983 View Post
Could the CKC she is referring to be the Canadian Kennel Club?

Being that she's in South Carolina, please check out the YTCA Club and check GA, FL, SC & NC for listed breeders. The OP may get some better ideas there on a reputable breeder for the type of pet she would like.
Canadian Kennel Club is in Canada, it is a bona fide registry as is the AKC in the USA. A US breeder located in the USA cannot register a litter born in the US with the Canadian Kennel Club only litters born in Canada can be registered with our Canadian Club. Once a litter is registered then the individual puppy each are registered with the Canadian Kennel Club. If a pup is sold to a breeder or someone in the USA the Canadian registration will go with it. The purchaser can send in the appropriate paperwork to the AKC to have it AKC registered. But it would have to be AKC registered to use it for breeding to be able to register resulting puppies AKC.
Any puppies I have born here in Canada I register my litter Canadian Kennel Club, register the individual puppies Canadian Kennel Club then if I have one I want to show in the USA at dog shows I do the AKC registration.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!