View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #12
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Wrap the sides is a good start to helping that coat grow long, and to avoid tangles. I have also when pressed on time, used soft baby ties to gather the side coat up, and then put on the silk wrapper, and then the winter gear. You also could braid the side coat that does help as well.

My Yorkie is just fine in my centrally heated home - and we keep our home about 68 degrees, and lower at night time when we are sleeping. He sleeps on a silk bed with a comforter underneath the silk.

But if you are not going to show, why go through all the bother of wrapping? It is a developed skill for sure. You need to make the wraps tight but not too tight otherwise they can fall out, or slide down the hair, etc.

But the key is first in the genetics of the coat, then in proper exercise and nourishment, fine quality shampoos, and conditioners. Leave your conditioner on for at least 15 minutes. I use IOD heavy duty conditioner. And do not rinse out all the conditioner. Wrap pup up in warmed towels, and have a cuppa tea while you wait cuddling your dog.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!