View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #11
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTeddykins View Post
<<HUGS TO YOU>>

The best thing I have found to do is just know that the person that you are missing would want you to enjoy the holiday. I still struggle with the loss of my Grandma (five years ago) even though I rarely spent the holidays with her. It's just the memories and stuff but I KNOW my Grandma would want me to enjoy my life as she tried to do when she lost those she loved (including her sons). I think it's important that you work through the feelings that you have and I think you're right, it will be hard and different, but time will help with that..

You are a beautiful person to share what you are feeling and I think that is also part of healing. Just hold on to the good memories and hold on to knowing that your momma would want your life to continue happily because that's what all of us moms want - our kids to be happy.

Much love to you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to keep a positive outlook for the upcoming holidays. I know that I am not the only one who has suffered a loss and who will be missing their loved one this year. You have no idea how therapeutic this is to have you all to chat with and for you to offer your advise. Hoping that this conversation can help them in some way as well.

We are thinking that if my daughter doesn't have to work on the Saturday after that that will be the day. If she works I guess I will cook dinner for just the two kids and her BF and I on Thurs. I will just have to run dinner out to work for him. He will be working a 12 hr shift from 4pm to 4am and has to return at 10am that same morning but no matter what I have to cook, my husband has to have his turkey for leftovers and my once a year home made mashed potatoes, its the one thing that he looks forward to every year..... LOL
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!