Thread: Worried Mommy
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
amic09
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Worried Mommy

Hi, all.

My little girl fell yesterday morning from a foot stool. She seemed fine immediately after, but last night began limping, favoring her back right leg. She let me touch it and move it around with no signs of pain. No swelling or cuts were on it. She was eating normally, playing even though she was limping and she even jumped around whenever someone would enter the room. She got a little lethargic last night, but overall seemed completely normal.

This morning, the limp, for the most part, was gone. Every now and then, you can see that it's a little weak or it'll catch a little. But other than that, she's been running around (even though I'm trying to keep her still). She's eating and drinking and acting her normal self.

She went to the bathroom normally last night when the limp was at its worst. She hasn't had a bowel movement at all this morning and I noticed there was a little bit of stool around her bottom this morning. Not a lot, it wasn't clumpy or anything, almost like a stain on her fur. It did look a little swollen back there, but not much.

Since she's in no distress and really acting like her usual self, I don't want to drag her to the vet if this will resolve by itself which, at the moment, it seems like it is. I am a little worried about her not having a bowel movement this morning though. Anyone have any suggestions? Do you think it's possible that her not using the bathroom and her small limp are coincidental or should I take her in? I think I'm overreacting but I just wanted to hear what others thought. If it helps, she's not a teacup. She's long and tall and weighs about 12 pounds.

Thank you
amic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!