View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #8
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn27 View Post
I am so dreading the holidays this year. We miss my momma so much. I always have a nice sit down formal dinner and besides my daughter and her BF she and my pops were the only ones we ever had over for dinner so now that wont even be happening. Last year my DH and DD who both worked in retail had to leave for work on TGD at 6pm but we still managed to have an early dinner but this year they are opening at 6 which means my husband will need to leave for work around 3 or 4 pm so there goes any hope of having Thanksgiving dinner at all. Plus this will be the first year without my momma which I am dreading. Just when I think like my days are getting easier another holiday come along and things get hard again.
The fact that retailers open on Thanksgiving ticks me off to no end! I refuse to do any Christmas shopping whatsoever at stores that will be open on thanksgiving day. They won't get a dollar of my Christmas shopping budget!

This Thanksgiving will be the first in both my kids lives that they've not come home My daughter (24) moved out of state for a job two 1/2 months ago and she can't get time off to come home, so she'd be out there by herself. As she and her brother (22, senior in college ) are exceptionally close, I ask my son if he would like to go visit his sister for thanksgiving...and of course he wants to. So, I'm flying him out there, so they can be together for thanksgiving.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!