View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Default Thankgiving this year will be so bitter sweet.

I am so dreading the holidays this year. We miss my momma so much. I always have a nice sit down formal dinner and besides my daughter and her BF she and my pops were the only ones we ever had over for dinner so now that wont even be happening. Last year my DH and DD who both worked in retail had to leave for work on TGD at 6pm but we still managed to have an early dinner but this year they are opening at 6 which means my husband will need to leave for work around 3 or 4 pm so there goes any hope of having Thanksgiving dinner at all. Plus this will be the first year without my momma which I am dreading. Just when I think like my days are getting easier another holiday come along and things get hard again.

We have hosted TGD dinner at our home for the past 18 yrs. My momma and pops have always been the guest at our home but this years my pops has gotten several other invites from other family members, friends and family which is nice. They know it will be hard for him, for all of us and I don't mind since we wont be having our regular dinner ourselves. He knows that he is always welcomed but if he would rather go somewhere else that fine too. As long as he isnt' alone that is all I am worried about. Heck knowing him, he'd likely go to all four places but of course no one knows how much he loves his cranberry sauce like I do..lol

My DD is now working a factory job and has time off so my goal is to have dinner on one other day that he has off and hope that my DD and her BF also have the same day off. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will happen.

Now for the Sweet part of this whole dilemma. My niece and great niece Stella are coming home from SC for Thanksgiving. Gosh do I miss them so much and I can not wait to see them!!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!