View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #18
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebug View Post
Linda, thanks so much for your excellent advice! I appreciate your sharing you knowledge with me because I know you have been through it all. I would like to ask you another question, a little off topic.

The vet found a loose tooth in Daisy's mouth. It is the very last tooth on top. She (the other vet there) showed me how it wiggled a little. I don't know if it is bothering her but when I tried to brush her teeth with a brush, she pushed my arms away and fought me with amazing strength. She is 11 yrs old and has beautiful white teeth and has never had to have a professional dental cleaning. There is a slight amount of tarter or plaque starting on her back teeth.

I would like your opinion...She is taking Denamarin every other day for her liver issues. They were only 10 units above normal on her last blood test. She will get a blood test to check her liver values in about 30 days when her pack of Denamarin is finished. She has never been put under anesthesia before but I understand she will need to be masked to put her under because of her liver issues.

I was going to wait the 30 days until she is due for the liver blood test to get her teeth taken care of so she won't have to get blood work done twice within 30 days. I have no way of telling if her tooth hurts or anything. I would get it done now if I thought it hurt her. What would you do?

Thanks!
This is kinda off topic I guess and obviously not an option if she has bad liver issues but you said she has never been under anesthesia which means she hasn't been spayed and a not spayed female at an older age like 11 has a very high chance of getting pyometra and lately I have heard of many cases where the dog got pyometra and they got the emergency surgery and thought they were out of the woods but a couple months after there surgery they ended up passing away. This actually happened with my aunts little 12 year old dog. You might want to get her spayed and her tooth taken care of at the same time.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!