Thread: Dog Gate
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #2
CaraT
Yorkie Yakker

Default I love the Top Paw Dog Gate

I tried several gates before I found one that would work well for our 4 Yorkies (9-12 lbs.) We have a living room that opens to our dining room and I wanted to be able to keep the dogs back when folks visit. So the dogs can see them and smell them without rushing the front door and jumping all over them. I tried a baby gate with a door that opens, but I found it was too hard to get me and a few bags of groceries through it and it looked awful--like a prison gate. I finally got a gate from PetSmart online that I was pleased with, the Top Paw Adjustable Stand Alone Pet Gate. It was less than $100.
Top Paw Adjustable Stand Alone Pet Gate | Gates | PetSmart
It is not very high, so clumsy me can get over it without tripping. I think all of our large Yorkies could jump over it, but they can see through it and they know I want them to stay there, so they stay there. It does not attach to the walls--it stands alone and when not in use i stick in a corner of the dining room. It is a life saver at Halloween. Without it we could not give out candy. Our little monsters would be chasing kids everywhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ALL-Groomed--11-6-140001.JPG (118.7 KB, 27 views)
CaraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!