View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

I feel like you're a real "thinker" and so am I, so I totallllly understand your mind going where it is right now, trying to think of everything, researching a ton, worrying a bit. It's natural to worry a bit, in fact I think it truly says to me just how much you care and want this to be wonderful and just how much you're trying to prepare for this.

I won't lie, puppies are a LOT of work, they really are. Some skin Moms will tell you they're way more work than skin-babies, lol! But try not to worry bc in all likelihood, you are going to fall head over heels - and any real hassle that comes along will be greeted w/ love and patience and understanding...even if/when there is frustration.

Probably the biggest frustration we see here is, of course, potty training - so have a PLAN...know what you're doing so that you have the best chance of success. If you haven't yet, go to our General Training section and read those excellent potty training threads!

The first few days/weeks, you just want to make your pup feel loved and safe, and not make any big changes like to food or anything right away. Establish some sort of routine. Have all your needed supplies on hand. Expect LOTS of cute puppy breath and kisses and cute naps and cute playing. Your pup will likely be very "mouthy" - wanting to mouth/bite everything...and this is just a natural and expected learning stage, so be patient with that.

Now, if the worst happened and you found out you just are not a dog/puppy person -- just do the right thing ASAP before the pup gets too attached...and return the kiddo to the breeder. Just always do right by the fur kiddo, and you can't go wrong then.

Can't wait to hear how it goes...and we must have piccies !

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!