View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 05:07 AM   #132
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I am quite frankly stunned that anyone would say docking a tail hurts less than an injection. No way do I buy that. Since none of us have tails that have been chopped off, I don't see how we can assume it doesn't hurt. There are people who think that spaying a pup does not hurt and/or require pain meds because they often run around after surgery...that does not mean they are not in pain! I don't see how it is different from a human having a hysterectomy and anyone who has had one can attest to the fact it hurts like hell.

As for dew claws, I have pups with them and trimming them is no different than their regular nails. Never had any issues with dew claws.

To each his own, but if I did breed which I never ever will, you can rest assured my puppies would have tails and dew claws.

Pfeiffer has her dew claws and we just trim them like we do all her other claws - it doesn't cause any more hassle than any other claw, lol!

And I agree, I could never be convinced that chopping off an appendage is no more painful than a subQ or IM injection - no way!

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!