Thread: My Felix
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 04:02 PM   #11
Felixsmom
Yorkie Talker

Thank you everyone, It has been a week and 4 days since we had Felix put down. The day I met Felix, my whole life changed. I was so excited to tell my husband about him, I literally threw my husband in my car and headed to go pick Felix up. He was the last dog left of the litter. My husband was shocked I wanted a dog. He asked me "will you die without him?" and my answer was a strong "yes". I feel like he was my doggy soul mate, and he awoke a deep love and compassion in me from the instant we met. I would not trade having him for anything, even though I am sad now.

Time is helping, along with the relief of not watching him suffer and worrying about him every moment. I don't have to re-remind myself that he is no longer alive when I wake up in the morning, which was horrible. I am starting to get used to my new life, without him.

I have been keeping myself very busy and am waiting to get Felix back from the crematorium, I want him home, but I am tried to not act like a wack-job when I was told I wouldn't get him yesterday. I didn't even call today, I have tried to convince myself it doesn't matter that much, as it will just be an urn. I actually think that might be true, that it doesn't matter that much. I keep hoping his spirit might remain in our home, not sure how that works.

I got the guts up to go through my photos of him today, and got a good chuckle over the fact that almost all of the photo's I took in the past 9 years have been of Felix, hahaha. It is as though nothing else has happened in my life!! I have been so charmed by him, that I guess I wanted to capture everything he did, LOL. Now I am thankful for that.

I am starting to feel better, a little less separated from the world. I started taking my other dog to training classes, so she can play with other dogs and learn some stuff too. She seems pretty sad, she is only two, and she loved her big brother Felix.

I read that it was a good idea to have your other dog present when you put a dog to sleep, so I did. they can smell that a dog has passed on, which is apparently healthy, but the trainer thinks it has given her anxiety that every time I take her someone, she wonders if she is walking the green mile. I never considered that. Now I am trying to take her everywhere, just so some of her confidence returns about her safety.

Thanks for listening, and making me feel less alone. =)
Felixsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!