View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Default New CKC regulations for travelling with your dog to the States

Much of what we have focussed on is puppies being brought into the States from Canada and all other countries that are NOT Rabies free.

But All dogs of Any Age, need according to their website a Valid Rabies Certificate that details out the date of the last shot, the serial number, the vets signature etc etc.

No-where that I have found that Rabies Titers are accepted as proof of immunization against Rabies. This is of concern for all of us that have the option to titer, to see if immunity exists, rather than give an un-necessary shot.

I could not even find the much vaunted Export Rabies Titer, which is btw in Canada $500 The normal titer for rabies is $269+ Wonderfull ain't it. Give a $20 rabies shot that may or may not be needed against spending $260+ on titering to see if your dog has immunity to Rabies.

And yes there can be a medical exemption, but more forms need to be filled out and it is unclear, that a senior dog, should be exempted for a current Rabies vaccination as his titers clearly show immunity to Rabies.

Trust me, until I get this cleared up, my family will not be travelling to the States. And I will certainly not give un-necessary vaccinations if the dog is immunized against the disease.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!