View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #4431
Lilah Charm
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I have been feeling a little queasy lately and not very food inspired but tonight I was ready for a remedy....

After a day went by where my sustenance could be listed as: my tuna snack (ya know, bumblebee pre mix in a can with crackers), a breakfast sandwich (yes in that order) and a reasonable amount of coffee I decided the answer to my tummy was seafood!

I broiled a large fillet of halibut smothered in butter and covered in garlic, lemon and spices. It's neighbor in the oven were neatly prepared scallops wrapped in pepper bacon and sprinkled with fresh ground pepper each topped with a little pad of salted butter. I also made sautéed cream scallops with ridiculous amounts of butter, copious accompaniment of onions and garlic (did I mention those are homegrown?) and covered of course in heavy cream. The salad that went with this meal was just as important, the greens mixed with fresh herbs stimulated my senses and inspired my appetite, I topped the luscious leaves with diced tomatoes, onions, English cucumbers, crackers and chunky fabulous my favorite Bleu cheese...yum! Little side bites of sliced tomatoe and lengths of cucumber (oh yes, with that chunky Bleu cheese again) with a warm, soft round of Brie cheese and crackers with honey crisp apples made the round edges to my meal...mmmm.

I ate dinner by flickering candlelight with my daughters and though I had intended to pour a glass of red wine with my meal, I was so enchanted with finding my lost appetite that I completely forgot!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!