View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #35
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbena View Post
Galen plays with larger dogs who has been around him his whole life with me. Depends on the dog though. Even my sisters dog Bear, a Neopolitan Matiff, is not to come near Galen. Her first dog she owned. Even though she says he is harmless and won't hurt him. Her dog is not constantly around a tiny dog even though she insists he has . . at a street fair ! . . . And the dog chases rabbits . . Have you seen Galen do zoomies !! . Am I going to risk it ??. . NOT ON HER DOGS LIFE ! ! Because I don't know what I would do if he did anything to Galen. My sister thinks I am silly. But my dog my rules !
This is how I am with Jackson now. I was aboslutely fine with Jackson being around a Rottweiler that I used to dog sit, I began watching him when he was 8 weeks old. My close friends has bigger dogs that Jackson interacts with a lot. My grandma's dogs, while they are obnoxious and Jax doesn't LIKE them, I don't mind having him around them because they truly are harmless and just giant goofs and Jackson knows how to put them in their place or protect himself. Her old Lab was great with him. My uncles Chocolate Lab is super docile and Jackson loves him. My aunts Pit Bull is now almost 14yrs old and can hardly move, and has never hurt a fly, so I don't mind him being around him. Etc.

Certain dogs I am more careful with or cautious, and others I just don't like Jackson to be around. IME I have learned what type of dogs Jackson likes, or will tolerate, or plain just is uncomfortable around. So I won't put him in those situations.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!